By Kathleen McFarren
Nonfiction examining perform, Grade four includes 20 subject matters within the following content material areas:
- social studies-Mount Rushmore, usa Congress, Lewis and Clark, the Civil struggle, and floating continents
- science-electric mild, heredity, measuring the elements, the net, and Marie Curie
- overall healthiness & safety-teeth, seat belts, and Dr. Charles Richard Drew
- mathematics-structural engineers, likelihood, and possessing a business
- the arts-Ludwig van Beethoven, drawing, performing, and Julia Morgan
Each unit contains:
- a instructor source web page that introduces the subject and lists advised vocabulary to introduce for every article
- a visible reduction that provides the subject graphically to the total class
- 3 articles at the similar subject, yet at 3 diversified analyzing levels
- 3 accompanying comprehension/vocabulary worksheets
Read Online or Download Nonfiction Reading Practice, Grade 4 PDF
Best children's books books
During this 8th event within the well known Meg waterproof coat secret sequence for younger readers, little ones sign up for Meg in school, the place the secret membership is acting a play. throughout the twists and turns of the play, a true secret occurs at the degree. younger detective Meg, who's the announcer for the play, needs to use her powers of remark and deduction to resolve such questions as Why did the lighting exit on the flawed time?
Excerpt from The Adventures of Telemachus, the Son of Ulysses To thofe who've learn this paintings purely as an exercife at fchool, it truly is beauties are completely unknown; and between them that experience discovered Punch during this kingdom, there's n0t most likely above one in fifty who can now learn it within the unique with extra virtue than a local of gun could learn Pope's Rape of the Lock in a profe tran a non.
The concept that of numbers and counting from 1 to five is confirmed through the newborn Einstein characters in numerous playful, fun eventualities. teenagers will relish discovering, naming, and counting quite a few gadgets in every one representation. The booklet additionally builds vocabulary, and teaches the names of elements of the physique.
- What Do They Do? Nurses
- An Uncensored Diary From The Central Empires
- Teddybears and the Cold Cure
- Kathlamet Texts
Additional info for Nonfiction Reading Practice, Grade 4
The baby is born with similar traits as the parents. The baby may have brown eyes, like the father. The baby may get curly hair, just like the mother. The baby grows into a child. The child may develop features like the parents in many ways. The child may grow tall, like the father. The child may have dimples, like the mother. But children don’t look exactly like their parents. Each child is special! 56 Heredity Nonfiction Reading Practice, Grade 4 • EMC 3315 • ©2003 by Evan-Moor Corp. Name ___________________________ Family Traits Fill in the bubble to answer each question or complete each sentence.
The hot, molten rock is always flowing in currents. These currents move the floating plates along. The heat currents that flow downward pull plates together. Rising currents push them apart. Since the continents lie on the tectonic plates, they move right along with the plates. Scientists know that the tectonic plates move very slowly. They move about 4 inches (10 cm) each year. Scientists believe that millions of years from now, the continents and oceans will be different in size and shape than they are today.
He thought Pangaea changed millions of years later. It started breaking up. The pieces of land slowly drifted apart. They became the seven continents we know today. Wegener made many studies. Wegener looked at world maps. He thought some continents were like puzzle pieces. They could fit together. He went to South America. He also went to Africa. He looked at mountains on both continents. They would match if the continents were pushed together. Wegener found similar fossils on both continents.