By Karl Samson
- Completely up-to-date each year, Frommer's Seattle beneficial properties sixteen pages of lovely colour images of the points of interest and reviews that wait for you.
- Our professional writer has combed the town searching for the simplest motels, eating places, retailers, and nightlife spots, and has created targeted jogging excursions to take you thru many of the city’s most famed neighborhoods.
- Extensive side-trip details takes you thru the San Juan Islands, Olympic nationwide Park, Mount Rainier, and extra.
- Frommer's Seattle additionally encompasses a colour picture insert and fold-out map.
Read Online or Download Frommer's Seattle 2010 PDF
Similar west books
The Santa Fe path was once one of many nice advertisement routes around the West, frequented extra via retailers than by way of emigrants. accordingly girls tourists have been few at the Santa Fe path, and Land of attraction is among the few firsthand debts by way of a lady of lifestyles at the path. the writer, Marian Russell (1845-1936), dictated her tale to her daughter-in-law within the Nineteen Thirties.
In February of his forty-fourth 12 months, journalist David McCumber signed on as a hand on rancher invoice Galt's expansive Birch Creek unfold in Montana. The Cowboy means is a charming and very own account of his yr spent in open country—a e-book that expertly weaves jointly prior and current right into a bright and colourful tapestry of a vanishing lifestyle.
Insider recommendation on hitting all of Oregon's most sensible attractions, from shiny Portland and Crater Lake nationwide Park to theater in Ashland and wine within the Willamette Valley. Plus, wide insurance of the good outside, from the Cascades to the Columbia Gorge, plus natural world viewing, fishing, cycling, and beaching alongside the Oregon Coast.
This finished quantity presents particular information regarding shrubs, bushes, grasses, forbs, and cacti which are local to such a lot U. S. states within the Intermountain West, and that may be utilized in landscaping to preserve water, mirror and safeguard the region's panorama personality, and aid safeguard its ecological integrity.
- Very California. Travels Through the Golden State
- Hiking the Columbia River Gorge
- Sitting Bull (Legends of the Wild West)
- Frommer's San Diego 2012
Additional info for Frommer's Seattle 2010
263. GETTING INTO TOWN FROM THE AIRPORT BY CAR To get to downtown from the airport, take the Wash. 518 exit from the airport. Driving east on Wash. 518 will connect you to I-5, where you’ll then follow the signs north to Seattle. Generally, allow 30 minutes for the drive between the airport and downtown—45 minutes to an hour during rush hour. During rush hour, it’s sometimes quicker to take Wash. 518 west to Wash. 509 north to Wash. 99 (which becomes the Alaskan Way Viaduct along the Seattle waterfront).
Com). Free lunchtime music concerts in plazas and parks throughout downtown. July through August. seafair. com). This is the biggest Seattle event of the year, with daily festivities— parades, hydroplane boat races, an air show with the Navy’s Blue Angels, the Torchlight Parade, ethnic festivals, and sporting events. Events take place citywide. Mid-July to early August. org), Lake Union and Lake Washington. A parade of boats and much fanfare take place as Seattle boaters bring out everything from kayaks to yachts.
Com) provides 24-hour service between Sea-Tac and the Seattle, North Seattle, and Bellevue areas. Rates for scheduled sharedride shuttles to downtown Seattle are $32 for one or two adults, $40 for three, and $52 for four. Rates to University District hotels are $37 for one adult ($19 on a scheduled shuttle), $45 for two adults ($38 on a scheduled shuttle), $53 for three ($57 on a scheduled shuttle), and $69 for four ($76 on a scheduled shuttle). There is a $10 discount for round-trip bookings on the shared-ride shuttle service.